So here’s my question — why does everyone hate Lena Dunham?
She’s a 26 year old award-winner who has created an actually entertaining show. I sat down and watched Girls, and I never got tired of it. Sure I may have rolled my eyes at parts where the show shifted from “this is lifelike” to “this is clearly T.V.” and yeah, some of her characters can be pretty stupidly written and yeah, paint women (or girls?) in a non-flattering light, but considering that the character on the show who seems to get shit on the most is Lena herself I’m not sure I understand why people dislike her? It’s no Game of Thrones, but it’s not trying to be.
Maybe we should make a Girls equivalent of BroCast, where it’s just our daily “drama,” like…
- The treadmills at the gym are all in use
- My ipod died while I was running — through central park
- We’ve run out of scotch
- Can’t get to the bar because there’s a goddamn line. (Looking at you, Brass Monkey)
- OKCupid keeps baiting me to log in
- My Xbox needed to update itself and I can’t play anything for the next seven minutes.
- The cleaning lady didn’t come
Maybe it’s just because she’s accomplished so much and she’s only 26? We’re all at least a year older than her — how could people not be envious of that? She’s broken out at the perfect time. I say good for her.
She’s a writer first and foremost, and had she been in our screenwriting class I think we would have had a lot of fun table reading her stuff. SCOTT THOMPSON!